Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bertangles, France

July 27, 1991
Schiphol to Bertangles
When we landed in Holland, it was about 11:30am on Saturday. Time had changed by seven hours. I was very tire. And it wasn't as cold as I expected it to be. Walked out of the plane, went to Immigration, went to baggage claim & then went through Customs. No one said anything to me. I was surprised. I walked straight through with no search. I had to stop for a minute because I thought that I had done something wrong. I walked outside & sat on the curb with my pack and my camera. Lots of interesting people to look at. I felt like everyone could tell I was foreign.
Barbara arrived in a short time. We packed the car & off we went. We drove through Holland and Belgium for several hours. At about 6:30 of 7pm, we pulled into a small town in the North of France called Bertangles. We set up camp on the grounds of an abandoned Chateau. I was still too sired to sleep. I went for a run & took pictures till sunset, looking around the town. Slept like a baby until about 8:30 the next morning.

No comments: